|DISTRICT OF HIGHLANDS |
NOTICE OF ELECTRONIC COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, January 10, 2022 @ 7PM
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89263380229?pwd=TXZFdUcwcW5TUVUwTU1JUitmMHNMQT09Meeting ID: 892 6338 0229
In-Person Attendance accommodated at the Community Hall - 729 Finlayson Arm Road
PUBLIC MEETING ATTENDANCE
Council meetings will be held electronically using the “Zoom” platform. Members of the public wishing to attend electronically are invited to join the electronic meeting using the link provided above. Electronic attendance is encouraged for safety reasons.
However, members of the public wishing to attend a facility, in person, may do so at the Community Hall located at 729 Finlayson Arm Road, where they will be able to hear the electronic meeting taking place.
Further to members of the public being invited to ‘attend’ a Council meeting electronically, we encourage you to forward any comments regarding an agenda item in writing via email to: email@example.com, or via Canada Post – District of Highlands, 1980 Millstream Road, Victoria, BC V9B 6H1, or by dropping your comments in the mail slot available at the District Office.
Heritage Select Committee, South Highlands Local Area Plan Task Force, West Shore Parks & Recreation Society and Western Communities Policing Advisory Committee
CRD Climate Action Committee and CRD Housing Trust Fund Commission
CRD Regional Water Supply Commission, CRD JDF Water Distribution Commission and Sustainable Land Use Select Committee
Coexisting with Carnivores Alliance and Greater Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee
Emergency Planning Committee, Intermunicipal Committee on Disability Issues and Social Sustainability Select Committee
RE: CONCERNS REGARDING CRISIS LINE SERVICES BEING PUT TO BID
RE: BC SPCA REQUEST FOR LETTER SUPPORT TO THE PROVINCE REGARDING REDUCTION OF RODENTICIDE USE IN BC
RE: FLOODPLAIN BYLAW
"That staff be directed to prepare a report outlining options for the implementation of a floodplain bylaw"
RE: 2022 GENERAL LOCAL ELECTION - OCTOBER 15, 2022
1) That the 2022 General Local Election Voting Day be held on Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the District of Highlands Community Hall located at 729 Finlayson Arm Road.
2) That the first and required Advance Poll be held on Wednesday, October 5, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the East Fire Hall, 3163 Woodridge Place.
3) That the second Advance Poll be held on Wednesday, October 12, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the District of Highlands Community Hall located at 729 Finlayson Arm Road.
4) That the rate of pay for election officials outside of members of staff be set at:
Presiding Election Official: $430.00 per day
Election Officials (poll clerks) $325.00 per day
Additional person for Ballot Counting $40.00 per hour
5) That Council appoint Melisa Miles as the Chief Election Officer and Liz Condon as Deputy Chief Election Officer.